True Believer

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Yay for progress!

I should have been more specific in my post yesterday. A large part of why I want to get this baby out asap is my whole family is coming for a visit this week. They will be here from this Friday until the next Saturday. I have one sister coming from Alaska that we don't get to see very often (usually once a year). She didn't meet Jacob until he was 3 months old. Needless to say with such strict visit parameters I am feeling the pressure to make sure that this baby is at least on time so they can have as much quality time with the baby as possible. With my history (I think one time counts as history) Jacob was late, so I am concerned that Jayda won't come until after they have all gone home. It is a weight I will have to carry until she is born. Of course everyone in my family reassures me saying a I shouldn't worry about it and just let it happen, but I am very talented at placing a lot of pressure on myself (as I believe a lot of women are).

I had another appointment this morning and the NP stripped my membranes and said she got me to 3 cm and I was 80%. She said that it should be soon, so there is hope after all. I came home from the appointment and did the dishes and mopped the floors just to stay on my feet a little while so that I wouldn't slow anything down.

I am posting a lot because once she comes all this will seem like a distant memory and then I will never report what happened before hand! Nevertheless, I hope that the next post I put up will be the story of a very short and uncomplicated delivery with lots of pictures. I appreciate all of your support and willingness to go through this with me! I sure miss all my Northwest pals and wish we could better share these experiences. I am very thankful for the blogging community!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger suzylu said...

    I just finished mopping my floors too - let's see how it goes =) I'm so excited for you! And of course, I'm waiting until you have Jayda to pop out my little one - so my prayers are with you friend!!!

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Will your doc induce? If you've hit your due date, and you have good reason (like family visiting!), would they give you a little something to kick start the process?

     
  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger brenda said...

    my doc has been out of town, that is why I have been seeing a np, so we haven't talked about anything. But, I heard from a different nurse that kaiser makes you wait until you are 1 week and 4 days overdue before inducing.

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Amanda Rae said...

    well i do hope the next time you blog you will have an amazing birth story and pics of your beautiful baby girl!! and trust me, if i were closer i would TOTALLY practice my doula stuff on you and the babe! i really wish i could be there to help you postpardum. that would be wonderful. i hope you are doing ok and that she comes soon! take care and good luck!

     
  • At 11:50 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Oh how I know--it is soooo hard to wait! And Kaiser does make you wait a long time, which sucks. But I've heard that stripping the membranes really gets things going (btw, did that hurt SOOOOO bad? I've been praying a lot. I love you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home