True Believer

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Still Pregnant?

I know it has only been a week and all, but I have tried a few things to naturally induce labor and I wanted to share what I have learned doesn't work! We have walked, eaten spicy food and been intimate. I also heard from a few sources (including my midwife when I was pregnant with Jacob) to try evening of primrose dietary supplement. I tried the pills in the same day as all those other things and yes I am sitting here blogging instead of holding a little girlie. There have been a few fruits, I have been having contractions and have been trying to encourage them, but no results have been had. Actually, that is not true, the primrose pills totally gave me issues in the bathroom, but I am feeling better from that little challenge. My next appointment is in the morning and I am going to be really disappointed if I have not progressed from last time. We shall see what happens.

If you couldn't tell I really need to work on gaining a little patience!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger suzylu said...

    hang in there friend! One way or another that little bundle of joy will enter this world - I'll keep praying that it happens soon! Let me know what your OB says!

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Hang in there! 40 weeks is best...40 weeks is best...40 weeks is best...

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Destiny said...

    Hey Brenda,
    I wish I had the "problem" your having...I've been in the hospital 3 times in the past 2 weeks with labor...my doctor has stopped it with meds everytime. Just remember what Kristi said- 40 weeks is BEST :) Sorry for your frustration.

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger suzylu said...

    really? 40 weeks is best? Really?
    Hhmmmm...

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger mamajoy said...

    The anticipation and waiting is so hard. When you least expect the labor to start is when it may happen. I remember Aimee Jo when her water broke, just as I crawled in bed that Sunday night after we all had been to church. 40 weeks is a long time to wait for anything. Just think if Aimee had Anaiah just a week earlier you would not been able to experience that GREAT day. Blessings to you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home