True Believer

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nesting

I have decided that I kind of like nesting. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I get a task done that I have on my mental list. I hate nesting, however, when I work myself to the bone and get stressed out when I am not sure if I will ever be finished of all the blasted things on my stupid list! I have, indeed, been able to cross a few things off and wanted to share them with you. Many of you know that I am not the most creative individual on the planet and am not too fond of artsy projects, but for some reason a lot of the things I have been doing are along those lines.

Here is the list:
Weed the garden
Prep the soil
plant a garden
make letters of the kids' names for their respective sides of the room
make a baby sling carrier (my old one was eaten by battery acid)
Make curtains to tie in the kids' room
organize their small closet for best efficiency
Make meals to freeze
clean out the car
maintain a clean house for when visitors come over

The garden took forever, even though the space is not that big, the weeds were very thick and I had to weed by hand, then hoe, then dig trenches so that I could add in compost to liven the soil. I then bought all the plants and planted them. My back was killing me at the end of each day, thank goodness we had some warm, breezy weather I could work in. I would have included a picture, but as you remember from my last post I have a very destructive child and most of the flowers I planted are laying beside their stems on the ground (it is apparently fun to hit flowers with toys).

Next I went to Michael's for the letter stuff. If you buy the cutsie letters from the baby stores they are 20 bucks each, so I said forget that, I will buy plain ones and paint them myself (they ended up being about 2 bucks each). I was wanting to make the room not-too-girlie since poor Jake has to share it as well, so I went with brown and pink and so I had to make curtains to tie in the colors a little more. I am extremely proud of my effort. I didn't even use a pattern and the curtains took a long time to do, but I like how they turned out.




I have organized the closet three times now, but I think I have finally settled on a configuration. I ordered a double hanger from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is a second bar that hangs from the top bar to pretty much double your hanging capacity. There are just so many dresses for a little girl and I want to make sure they are all hung up nicely. Hopefully Destructo can keep his hands off them so I am not constantly cleaning up clothes from the floor of their room.

Now entering the home stretch I can relax (somewhat) and just try to keep up with the daily grind. Last time I had a baby our house looked like we hadn't cleaned it in months! I am determined not to let it get that way again this time. Now all I have to do is make sure Billy keeps up with the dishes (without a dishwasher I have asked him to be the lead on that one, it is difficult for me to stand there with the hot water on for so long. The dishes kept piling up on me). I also have requested that he cleans the carpets before Jayda arrives, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one! Boy, I can't wait until she comes so that I can finally take a break (yeah right). Nesting is a cruel mistress.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    The room looks totally adorable!! Good job & best wishes with the nesting.

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    So so so cute! I've seen you and you do have abilities to be crafty - I don't know what you were talking about. Congrats on getting those nagging things done!

     
  • At 9:19 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    I love brown and pink, so cute! Good luck in the home stretch. I can't wait to see a pic of this girly.

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger Luke Coles said...

    I like the bedding. Keely has to sleep in the extra bathroom while we still live on campus. So no cute bedding for awhile.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home