True Believer

www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 27, 2008

oops

Last night as Jacob and I were playing hookie from church I made a not-so-great discovery. I went to our chest freezer (which I had recently cleaned all the junk off of) to get Jake a kid cuisine for dinner. I opened up that 7 cubic foot brand new freezer and everything on the top was luke warm and there was a wierd smell! The thing had come unplugged and ruined almost everything in there. I had been working diligently for more than a month trying to get meals made in advance so that all we would have to do is pull them out and cook them. Almost everything had to be trashed. Probably a good ten meals worth of food and that is not counting all of the other items like popscicles and frozen pizzas. I just decided to save what I could, so pretty much the stuff with no meat was ok to leave in there and thank goodness there were 2 whole frozen chickens in there right next to eachother and they were the only things still frozen. Since the chickens survived I had to clean out the freezer right away so I could restart it. I was bending myself into it trying to mop up the popscicle juice before it froze again and I got a cramp in both my shoulders!

That is certainly what I get for trying to get everything done in advance! I cried so hard poor Jacob walked over to it and said "I'll fix it mommy". I wish we had not been alone, but I couldn't help my reaction, it came flooding out. This is kind of funny to me that I cried over our ruined food, but not my wedding ring being destroyed. I think things just piled up on me last night. I just kept thinking if it were any other project that I had done that didn't work out I would have just scrapped it and moved on, but the food I was counting on to make my life a little easier when Jayda arrives. I am ok today. I haven't shed anymore tears. The only reason I am even blogging about it is so that I won't forget that it happened. All this drama already surrounding our daughter. I hope that isn't a sign that she is going to be a drama queen!

Two lessons I learned:
1) Look at the little orange light on the front bottom of the freezer to make sure that it is still on every day! (who knows, Jacob could have unplugged it on purpose)
2) Don't skip church!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    That sucks! I'm so sorry.

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Amanda Rae said...

    oh my. sorry to hear that lady! i would have cried too..all that hard work gone to pot. :(

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger suzylu said...

    Oh how I feel for you! Our freezer has done that to us - TWICE! I'm sure it was the freezer's fault - not ours - but that doesn't make it any less painful. My mom is in town and we've been stocking our freezer - I'm going to run down right now and make sure the door is closed. And I've cried over lesser things these days - I mean come on girl - we're about to have a baby!!
    love ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home