True Believer

www.flickr.com

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Jacob


I cannot believe that my little baby boy is three years old. It seems like just yesterday he was barely able to speak. What a difference a few years makes! He is so inquisitive and eager to learn. He asks questions about everything and will usually be able to repeat it back to you the next time that subject comes up. He is very sensitive to other people. He tells me he loves me and kisses my tummy when I am not feeling well and tries to protect me when Daddy playfully sits on my lap. Jake notices when people are upset and his immediate reaction is to give them a hug and snuggle with them for the minute that he can spare from his playing. He is very strong-willed and independent just like any other toddler, but does not want to be called a big boy and cries to put on a diaper when I want him to practice using the potty. He loves, loves, loves other kids and thrives on going to visit his friends and playing enthusiastically with them. He loves it when they run around chasing each other and of course never seems to get tired at all. He is a busy bee and I wouldn't change him in for anything (no matter what I might say in the heat of the moment). I remember one time Kaelea told me that she loved every stage that her kids went through, she missed the previous stages, but the changes in them were exciting and new and it was a blessing to see them grow and change and develop. I was skeptical when she said it, but I believe it now. I love watching Jacob turning into his own independent person with thoughts and feelings and ideas of his own. I greatly look foreword to getting to know him better as he matures and changes into a wonderful godly man. He is a wonderful blessing in our lives and we love him very much.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    That was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing how he is growing and developing with those of us who don't see him all the time - also i'm going to send you something soon

     
  • At 5:59 PM , Blogger ewall said...

    man he is so cute!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home