True Believer

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So, you know how you get great news and it makes you feel all giddy inside? Like the Christmas morning feeling when you were a kid? Well, I got that kind of news yesturday. I have to admit my doc scared me at my last visit saying that if I kept gaining a bunch of weight that he would send me to a nutritionist. It freaked me out, so I have been stressing about it for 3 weeks. Not stressing enough to change a lot about how I eat, though. So, I had another appointment yesturday morning and I stepped on that scale with my little heart pounding. Of course I had memorised my previous weight, so that I wouldn't have to ask. That digital number only went up 2 lbs!!! I was so excited I could hardly keep from jumping up and down! I am happy about my 19 lb total weight gain so far. This pregnancy has been a lot better in that area than my last. Who knows maybe girls will be easier after all?

After my stellar appointment where the doc said everything is looking great, I treated myself to a shopping spree (with giftcards we had received at a shower). I picked out a cute bedding set for Jayda and brought it home. It was a great day. By the way, at that shower we just invited a few of the young families from church and got a few large packages of diapers and a few gift cards. We didn't get very many clothes because it was a couples shower and we didn't want it to be too girlie for the men. It was a lot of fun, and I am not worried about the clothes. My sister-in-law and with another friend who has a few connections are contacting friends to hook me up. So that is what is going on with us right now. I will be posting more pics soon of Jayda's space when it all comes together.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    I'm proud of you!! 19 lbs? Girl, that's awesome! I competley doubled that plus some with Anaiah. GOOD JOB!! I'm glad that you had a good appointment and then got to go shopping!! What a fun day! And the diapers from the shower are some of the best gifts, as you know-those things are expensive and go quickly.

     
  • At 2:38 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Sounds like a great day. Congrats. Miss you friend

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home