True Believer

www.flickr.com

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood



This was the scene at the McKenzie household last Saturday night. Poor Jacob was sick with a cold and was wanting to be close to his mommy. Any of you with more than one child knows that if one is sick everyone else will get it as well, so my little baby girl got it as well. It is a nasty cold with chest congestion coughing and sneezing. After a few days I could no longer avoid getting it myself.

Yesterday after a few nights of bad congestion in Jayda and little sleep for us Billy wanted to call the advice nurse to see what we could do. After answering a few questions she advised that we take the babe to the emergency room to be checked out. We arrived there at 9pm and after a mere 4 hours we were seen by the doctor who said it was probably just a cold but it could be meningitis and if she has a fever they would have to do a spinal tap and blood draw. Her temperature would be taken a few times to make sure. After another 2 hrs her temperature returned to normal without spiking too high and we were sent home at the wee hour of 3am. Thankfully Jacob had been picked up to stay at his Nana's house. We were alone to endure the 6 hour visit. It would not have been too bad if I wasn't sick myself. That is just one of the things a mother has to put aside to take care of her babies, but if you couldn't tell from the picture I wouldn't change it for anything! If I could spend every Saturday night with my kids content with me like that I would be happy (as long as I could have Friday night to relax)! Here's to hoping that we never have to go the the emergency room ever again.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger Robert and Kelli said...

    Hope you all start feeling better soon! We got the birth announcement in the mail- Jayda is super cute and I can't wait to meet her!

     
  • At 12:18 PM , Blogger Sibs said...

    Yikes! I'm sorry that you all got sick. That wait at the ER must have been awful. Did Billy get sick too? Thankfully none of us have gotten sick yet but I'm still dreading the time when it happens. Any advice? I got sick about a week before Macy was born so that might be a reason why. Hope you guys feel better soon!

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Blogger suzylu said...

    So sorry to hear about you all being sick - I hope you're doing better now. I miss chatting with you, especially now with us both having Newborns - but I can't wait for you to visit and I'm very excited to meet Jayda! You're in my prayers - love ya...

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    I have tried to comment on this 3 different times! HOW FRUSTRATING!!!
    Anyway, I'm sorry that you are sharing the sickness. We are in the same boat right now-not fun.
    Hope that you have recovered from that LONG night in the ER. How scary! I can just imagine how poor little Jayda sounds-being all congested--it's so sad when they are that small. But, I'm glad that she is allright.
    Give Jacob kisses from me. I miss you!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home