True Believer

www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

day 12

We are doing very well after 12 days. I have healed very well and a lot faster than I did when I delivered Jacob (there was a lot less tearing this time). Jayda is doing alright, she had an appointment with her pediatrician on her 4th day out of the womb. The doc said that she had lost too much weight (8oz) and wanted to do a weight check the following week. We went in yesterday and she has not yet regained her birth weight even though she has gained 5oz. We were instructed to make another appointment for 3 weeks out so the doc can keep her eye on the baby's weight. It is funny because she nurses all the time! I know she is sucking it down because I have already dropped 20lbs. I am just hoping not to regain any of it in the near future and for her to keep on this behavior of eating a lot (and hopefully gaining some more weight). I am not too concerned about it because Jacob was so little it would stand to reason that she will be on the small side as well.

I must go now, the babe is crying and the toddler is yelling and asking for a special treat even though he did not put his poo poo into the toilet.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM , Blogger Amanda Rae said...

    i just left a comment for you, but can't find it now, i dont know what i did! but i am glad you are all doing pretty well! i hope she will get her weight up soon! i wish i was there to play with your baby and help you out! are you able to get any sleep and how is the babe sleeping? i hope well! take care sister!

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Blogger Amanda Rae said...

    oh yeah and where did jacob put his poo-poo? are you potty training? if so, isn't it fun!?!? oh the joys of little boys!!

     
  • At 11:49 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you guys are doing. I'm glad you are not stressing about Jayda losing weight. I totally freaked out when Anaiah did this, because the nurse basically yelled at me for it! But, if she is eating well, she'll start to gain again soon.
    And you have lost 20 pounds?! THAT'S AWESOME!!! Even though it takes so much energy to nurse a baby, that is definitely a side benefit!!

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Serena Coles said...

    Yes, to the joys of potty training! Tyson generally stays dry even aat nap and night time. He did poop on the potty for the first time this past week. All I keep hearing is, "Boys are hard!"

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger suzylu said...

    I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks already! I'm glad you're healing well and I'm real excited for when you make your trip to OR so we can see all of you! No baby here yet (as of 4/27) but he/she can't stay in the forever =) We'll keep praying for you all!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home