True Believer

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2007



This is what I saw when I went to brush my teeth after eating my toast this morning. (not this actual cockroach, but one just like it) I really and truely started to hyperventilate and almost screamed. This was the first time in my life I have ever seen anything so vile. It was disgusting. I really miss Oregon on a whole new level now because it is too cold there to support such a horrible insect.

I closed the door and went upstairs to tell Billy the good news. I told him there was a huge roach sitting on the toothpaste, exploring his toothbrush with it's feelers (I couldn't bring myself to brush my teeth). I neglected to ask him to do anything about it because I naturally assumed he would go down there when he got up and look for it. He didn't. Now I get to go home early to clean up our messy kitchen (because they love the crumbs and dirty dishes) and I get to buy spray and a roach motel to try to kill and/or catch the nasty creature on my own and to see if there are others. This particular kind of roach can lay 14 eggs at a time! Yay!

You know how when you see something gross like that and you start thinking about it you then start to feel like the bugs are crawling all over you? I am feeling that sensation right now, (only I think I could proabably have some sort of break down if I pictured it being a roach). I have decided that this is not something that I want to deal with while knowing that my 2 year old is upstairs sleeping and that I am going to be having an even more helpless baby in a few short months. Just another one of those perks of living in sunny southern California (where the weather is still int he 80's.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Good thing you didn't go to college at Harding! Man those critters get enormous there!

    I had that same terrible feeling about nasty creatures and my babies when we had mice at our old house **shudder**.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home