True Believer

www.flickr.com

Friday, July 20, 2007

Too Young?

Every night we help Jacob to say his prayers, the oh so famous "now I lay me down to sleep". He used to say it very well and at the end pray a blessing over his friends and family by name. We, of course bring him to church whenever there is a children's program available and they have started learning memory verses. "Worship the Lord with your whole heart". Now when he prays his prayers he gets confused and always ends up saying "now I lay me down to sleep I ask the Lord, with my whole heart". Then he laughs because I think he knows that is wrong, but he can't seem to say the prayer without help! I think his little brain has been in overload lately, either that, or he is extra smart and is messing with me every night. Either one is a viable explanation.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    That's cute. I say go with it--he'll learn the "right" way soon enough.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home