True Believer

www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thanks a lot Target

So here I am wandering through Target with my trusty list of things we needed for the new condo, things like TP and a few hand towels and a dish drainer, etc. I didn't have a copy of the house keys yet, so I thought I would take my time and peruse the store before taking off to wait for Billy to let me into the house. Big Mistake. I ended up getting a few things that were not on the list and went over my budget for the trip by about 60 bucks! One of the culprits was a nice new book that was on sale that I had no idea was coming out. I was on my way to the check out stands and of course I walked right by a display of the new Nicholas Sparks book The Choice. If you were not aware I love his books and I buy them all in hardback when they come out, and they were on sale. So, I picked one up without much hesitation. Then, by the way, I got home and had to sit in my car (I think the temp was in the 80's) and waited for Billy for a half an hour because he got stuck in traffic on his way home.

I was already reading a different book (The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers) and so I couldn't get started on my new pick up until yesterday. I started it at work and then I finished it at work. I know what you are thinking and yes, I do have a kick back job where I can read all day. I really liked the book. It was slightly different than his other books and I liked that. I am going to start loaning it out right away (sorry Aimee Jo, I would love to loan it to you, but I know things are a little crazy for you).

Lesson learned: Don't go to Target if you have a lot of time to "peruse", especially if you don't want to end up spending a bit of extra money.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, Target gets me too! But I must say, never in the book department!

    I love you and miss you friend. Mom gives me updates on ya'll evey now and then. I'm glad Bakersfeild is treating you so well! Congrats on the condo too!

    Luke and I are getting ready for our first baby. He/She is due in Jan. Any advice?

    I'll be praying for you and your family. Maybe one day all of our babies can met and be friends like us!?!?!?

    Lovies, Kara (Sellers) Deal

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Girl, there are worse places in the world to have extra time. :)
    Secondly...LUCKY--I'm gonna have to get that book before we leave. It will be good for the plane ride (that is, if I get anytime to read, depending on how my daughter does).
    I'm glad that you got to have time in Target, even if you did end up spending extra money.

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I love target. But too much money gets spent. After I started grad school, and stoped making as much money I had to limit myself to go once a week. How lame is it that I had to actually say to myself "this was your target trip this week." Now I'm down to about once a month.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home