True Believer

www.flickr.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

New zip code!

YES! We have finally moved out. After weeks of waiting and the date being pushed back for remodelling and cleaning we are in our own place. It is a 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom condo in a nice neighborhood. It is closer to the church, winco and target and very close to costco. It has a pantry and a garage and a patio big enough for Jacob to play in and it is secure so he can go in and out at his leisure. It has decent storage and when we are all finished unpacking I will be able to tell you if all of our stuff fits in it.

We spent our first night in the condo on Saturday and Jacob kind of freaked out. He was scared and had to come into our room and sleep on his little fold out couch for the night. Last night we made sure his room was all squared away so that it would not feel so creepy to him (with things leaning up against the wall and whatnot). We put him to bed and after a little crying and a little manipulation (Mommy I have to go putty, or I need my water, or the monsters are going to get me) He finally went to sleep. He did wake up much earlier than usual and we let him come in and lay on his couch bed again this morning, but you never know, maybe tomorrow he will be able to sleep in his own room all night and get up at a reasonable hour like normal! of course last night I kept thinking that someone was going to come into the house somehow and kill us all in our sleep and I kept my eye on the bedroom door for a while, but I suspect that will get easier once all the boxes are put away and we are more used to the new digs.

One thing I realized while we were moving in was how much baby boy stuff we really have! Now I am more cerain than ever, I want a boy! Just for the convenience of not having to worry about the volume of stuff we have and what I am going to do with it if we do have a girl, because of course then we will have just as much, if not more, girl crap to deal with for our third baby (if there will be one). I, of course, will be very happy and love this baby no matter what gender he/she is, but as far as convenience goes, come on boys!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    Well, I'm still praying for a girl; I don't care what you want!
    I'm so happy that you have your own place! That's exciting!! I bet you are so tired of packing and unpacking stuff, though, since you've done a lot of that in the past few months!

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    It's true, you do end up with a lot of stuff with more than one gender. But think of all the fun you'll have!...ballet shoes, Barbie dolls, tea sets, pink, pink, pink!

    Glad you guys are getting closer to being settled.

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger brenda said...

    If we did have a girl she would definitely be a Daddy's girl, I am a little scared of the pink and the tea sets (and especially the teenagers!)

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    How exciting you got your own place! I would love to come visit sometime!:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home