True Believer

www.flickr.com

Friday, December 28, 2007

Is it really that bad if I wring Jacob's neck? Here I am sitting on the couch in the dark. Billy is not home from work yet (late yet again, yes I did mean to make that sound like he is home late more days than not). It is about 5pm and Jacob has pretty much not napped in months. I am really really sick of having to go upstairs and spank him for getting out of bed and playing with his toys. If that is not what he is doing he is pulling ALL the clothes out of the dresser, getting on the counter in the bathroom and into the medicine cabinet, or in our room playing with any number of things that he shouldn't be. He is 2 years old and goes down to bed and nap at the same times as always and just will play with himself or sing until it is too late to let him fall asleep and we get him out. I think I am especially frustrated with him because last night (no exaggeration) he stayed up until midnight in his bedroom in the dark just keeping himself awake. Is it possible for a 2 year old to have insomnia? I am really at my wits end. I am tired of spanking him and I don't really want to for something like this, but if I don't get some down time during the day I am going to do something crazy. Tonight for example, I put a childproof lock on his door so he can't get out and I am refusing to make dinner. When Billy gets home I am locking myself in my room and not opening it until I am ready to sleep so that Billy won't wake me trying to get in. I might even go on strike for the weekend, who knows. All I can say is this little sleep issue better be figured out before this baby comes because I can hardly handle it now!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't offer much encouragement other than to say, be encouraged friend. I'll pray a few prayers for you and especially sleep prayers for Jacob.

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Oh, Brenda - bless your heart! I remember that Trinity stopped napping when she was two - right in time for my baby Connor exhaustion to really hit. This is a tough time, for sure. Call if you want some encouragement.

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I just noticed that I started my last two comments exactly the same way. I'll work on being more original!...

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger brenda said...

    Thanks guys!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home