True Believer

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Neuro Virus

It is very possible that a lot of people you know have been infected with the neuro virus. It is not as scary as it sounds and people are not always going to the doctor to be diagnosed with it. It just so happens that I think Jacob got it a few weeks ago. He was throwing up for four days. I sopke to a nurse and she is the one that suggested the neuro virus and made sure he was getting enough fluids. Other than that there was nothing that could be done. He drank a lot of pedialite and had the frozen pops. He was so weak from not eatingand vommiting that he could barely hold his head up for the first two days. It was very sad, his little eyes were droopy and exhausted. In the midst of all this illness he never cried once! He moaned and whined a little, but I think he was so weak that he didn't have the energy to cry.

Thank God he is back to his old self again! The first day he laughed was music to my ears and made me more emotional than I thought it would. Relief can be an overwhelming feeling sometimes. Everyone in the Mckenzie household is doing well now everything is back to normal (whatever that means).

5 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

    poor Jacob, glad to hear he is better.

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

    I know...it was so sad. He didn't even seem like the same kid. I'm so glad that he is better! Tell him that I LOVE HIM!!

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    I remember seeing him towards the tail end of his illness. I felt so bad for him. Can't imangine how it would be to be a mom and be able to make it "him" better.

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Norovirus dummy!

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger aulbrea said...

    my nephew has just gotten it . i have a two year old with heart problems. its bad when anyone gets it but its two times worse for my daughter they send her to a hospital an hour away anytime she gets a virus. the last time she had a stomach virus she was there for two days. she had diahareea and vomiting. she had iv fluids and pedialite. everyone in my house had a 24 hour virus i was the last to catch it i had it in the hospital with my daughter

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home